Are you creative, hardworking and full of ideas? This is the opportunity for you!
Togatus is the independent student media at the University of Tasmania, by students, for students. It is a place for discussion, debate, and dissent on any aspect of the university student experience. Togatus offers a fun, collaborative working environment where freedom of expression and creativity is encouraged.
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in media, with a strong focus on a media outlet’s visual identity. This position comes with a great potential for professional development, networking, and an increased connection with the student community.
Expressions of Interest for the Creative Director position is now open.
The contract commences on the 15th of January and ends on the 30th of November 2021. Remunerated by honoraria ($2000 annually).
Minimum 10 hours per week. Some additional/varied hours depending on the development of print editions.
The Creative Director oversees the overall aesthetic of Togatus.
Duties of the position include:
- Ensure that Togatus’ brand identity remains consistent across all platforms, including social media and the website.
- Source visual content for Togatus from student contributors.
- Direct the design team.
- Work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and the Deputy Editor on magazine layout.
- Collaborate with the Website Manager on the website’s aesthetic.
- Work alongside the Director of Publication and the Editor-in-Chief when planning events.
- Create graphics and banners for Togatus when required.
- Attend all meetings organised by the Editor-in-Chief.
The candidate must be currently enrolled at the University of Tasmania. A Bachelor of Media degree or a Journalism major/minor is advantageous but not required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Togatus’ brand identity. They will also demonstrate creativity and ingenuity through creation of visual concepts to further develop Togatus as a student media outlet. They will also have experience in programs used in programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Lightroom.
To submit an expression of interest for this position, please forward a current resume and a cover letter addressing eligibility criteria, desirable skills, and experience relative to responsibilities to the Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com no later than Thursday 14th of January 2021.