If you’re ambitious, creative and love stories, here’s your chance to make your mark.
Togatus has been the independent student media at the University of Tasmania, by students, for students since 1931. It has always fostered student dialogue across our university, and champions the voice of students.
This position offers an excellent career development opportunity in media and communications with access to key industry professionals who are members of the Student Media ‘Togatus’ Committee.
Expressions of Interest are now open for an Editor-in-Chief to lead a collaborative dynamic editorial team, who offer freedom of expression and a fun working environment.
The contract is for a 12-month term, remunerated by honoraria (between $10,000 – $15,000 annually).
Minimum 25 hours per week.
The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the publication including print, online, events, social media and integration with other TUU publications and UTAS faculties. They are also responsible for determining and executing Togatus’ content and strategic direction. The Editor-in-Chief is ultimately responsible and held accountable for all content produced both print and online.
The duties of this position include:
- Provide the top authority for Togatus.
- Uphold and ensure that all Togatus staff comply with the Student Media ‘Togatus’ Policy.
- Manage a team of editors, contributors, graphic designers, and support staff.
- Delegate sourced content and commissions to contributors.
- Oversee the appointment and training of Togatus editors and support staff.
- Publish a number of editions in consultation with the Publishers.
- Ensure all contributors and editors make deadlines, produce a quality publication and consistent content on the Togatus website, within a predetermined budget.
- Ensure that all Togatus projects are up-to-date and functioning to their greatest potential.
- Monitor all Togatus social media.
- Organise and run regular meetings with other team members on a statewide basis, including any relevant stakeholders such as the TUU SRCs and UTAS Faculties.
- Be the primary liaison for Togatus with UTAS, the student community, the Publishers, and external organisations.
- Meet with the Student Media ‘Togatus’ Committee as required. Manage and organise Togatus events and promotion.
The candidate must be a currently enrolled student at the University of Tasmania
As Editor-in-Chief, you’ll have full command of Togatus. In our rapidly changing student environment, you’ll need to be confident in your ability to adapt to a changing university experience and demonstrate an interest in running a publication.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational, writing, editorial, and communication skills with a passion for student media. They will have experience in media in some respect or demonstrate a good understanding of media. It is advantageous but not essential that they have published content with Togatus, and have experience with WordPress, Final Cut Pro, Indesign, Photoshop and various social media content creation.
To submit an expression of interest for this position please forward a current resume with a covering letter addressing eligibility criteria, desirable skills and experience relative to responsibilities to Bethany Green at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday 24th of November 2020.
For more information go to: www.tuu.com.au/togatus